As 2016 begins, it’s a great time to reflect on the challenges conquered in 2015 and the obstacles that need to be addressed in the coming year.
Last year, the retail market saw much of the good (omnichannel and mobile marketing growth, remodels, store openings), and some of the bad (consolidation, closings and rapid expansion).
All of these challenges require an experienced logistics partner to complete projects on time and on budget. A partner that has the ability to create customized solutions, from dock-to-dock service to full line rollouts, freeing up your time and resources.
When looking for a logistics company to partner with, take these things into account:
- What’s the geographic coverage area?
- Is the company asset-based or non-asset based?
- What are their IT systems and capabilities?
- Is there a single point of contact?
- What’s their experience level with new store construction, rollouts, refreshes or reverse logistics?
- Do they have export or import experience?
- Does the provider have project management experience?
Planes Specialized Logistics takes a collaborative and consultative approach to engineering the most efficient and valuable solution for our clients’ evolving store needs. From day one of partnering with Planes, you work one-on-one with a single point of contact who organizes every detail of your customized plan and works diligently to maximize your supply chain efficiencies.
This year, when thinking about which company can add the most value, make sure to vet out your options based on basic service levels. It can be the difference between a successful project and a very costly endeavor.