As retailers flock to The Mall of San Juan in Puerto Rico, many are facing delays and setbacks. Of these issues, the following are most present:
- Registering with the Hacienda
- Capacity issues on the barge
- Specialty containers for the barge
- Site challenges as the mall is not finished
- Difficult delivery schedule
- Rising import taxes
Before working with Planes Specialized Logistics, many of our clients were perplexed by completing a project in Puerto Rico.
We have already completed several projects in The Mall of San Juan and have many more confirmed and underway. In general, we are helping retailers with the following:
- Consolidation of all construction materials domestically
- Containerization of all construction materials
- Ocean freight on the barge
- Drayage to our final mile facility in Puerto Rico
- Local Delivery to the mall on a pre-scheduled appointment basis
In doing the above steps properly, our clients have had and will continue to have smooth and successful projects. Being that we opened some of the first stores in the mall, we have the process down pat!
We always have our global logistics team involved up front to make sure commercial invoices, duties, and Incoterms are established upfront. Further, our proprietary reporting and inventory management tools will provide visibility throughout the project’s lifecycle. Finally, our local labor and equipment allow flexibility to all trades during the construction project.